Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lots of Stuff I'm Going to Blather About

I have a lot to say today (at this point, you're probably saying to yourself, "oh no, that's never good...")  Anyway, I have a couple of books to recommend, a great opening line, a splendid book title, and some most excellent names.

The books are: The Secret Life of Cows by Glen Wexler.  This is not a book with a lot of written content, with the exception of a couple of witty saying about cows, so I have scanned in a couple of pictures from the book.  They are pretty intense.  They are Superhero Cows, Secret Agent Cows, and the Beefles (hah). One of my favorite sayings from the book was, "The cow is of the bovine ilk; One end is moo, the other, milk," ~Ogden Nash.  The second book I'd like to recommend is She's Such a Geek!-Women write about science, technology, and other nerdy stuff.  The perfect book for me, right!  This book has the stories of many women who dared to break free from gender stereotypes and became female nerds!  I'd recommend it very highly. 
My opening line is very good, but I don't quite know what I'd use it for... "The night was dark, chilly, and relatively cloudless.  The moon hung like an abandoned fingernail clipping in the sky. "  I also think a great title for a book would be Poire Noire, but I also don't know how to incorporate that.
In case you don't know what to name your children, this handy-dandy list should help you right out!  (Note: Don't actually name your children these names.  That would be cruel.)  These are mostly for the purposes of characters in a book, but they are MY NAMES that I came up with, so if I find a book using these names I will be very, very angry.  Now, for the names: Gerund P. Fizzleworth...Pilar Mackintosh...Gerry Gloppenheim...Chester Flax...and Bartleby Murdstone (Mr. Murdstone is actually a Dickens character; I didn't come up with that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment