Friday, March 23, 2012

Hiking in Utah

As I said before, I got back from a hiking trip around Utah last week.  I finally got around to uploading the pictures I took of the awesome Indian ruins we saw.  I'm only going to post a few, but feel free to email me if you want more-- because I have a lot, too many to post here.
The first picture shows a pot we went on a ridiculously long, trail-less, steep up-and-down hike to get to.  But, as you can see, it was completely worth it.  The pot was entirely intact aside from a few cracks, and it was well-hidden in between two rocks.
This carving was actually on one of the rocks that were over the pot.  In fact, the pot is nicknamed the "murder pot" because this pictograph shows a guy shooting another guy with an arrow.
 
This is a pendant I found, made from a piece of broken pottery that was rounded and then had a hole carved in it.  In the background, you can see my uncle, and behind him, some fabulous bluffs. 
I apologize for the fact that this picture is so out of focus, but, as you can see, this is an almost intact arrowhead (only one edge is broken off)
This deer (I think) was carved into the floor of a steeply sloped cave.  The cave also featured several different animal tracks, a turtle, and a line of little feet going all the way out to the edge. 
These green hand prints were something I had never seen before-- usually they are reddish brown.  If you look closely at the palms, you can see where a pattern was painted.  Very cool.

REMEMBER: I have many more amazing pictures I just didn't have room for!  My uncle also took several very cool pictures, and you can see them!  Just email me at thetoothpickchick@gmail.com!  However, I might be able to post more later, so keep checking in if you liked these.

No comments:

Post a Comment