Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update-- Facebook iPad SCAM

Guys, after my little Facebook survey debacle (see last post), I decided to do a little research to see if this was a scam or not (I was fairly confident it was).  I discovered that this was NOT ACTUALLY FACEBOOK and it also has hit a few other people.  Apparently there was another free iPad Facebook scam, but mine was different, and I could only find one other person who appeared to have been hit by the same thing.  The link for this is :
http://getpaidtotakesurveyonline.info/survey-scams/facebook-survey-scam/.  I'm a bit worried considering I can't find any information about this other than that website.  However, I think I'm safe because I didn't actually complete the survey and I didn't reveal any personal information (it wanted my first name, last name, email, address, etc. to obtain the iPad).  Anyway, my fingers are crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment