Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Paper Towns Movie Cast

     As most of you already know, I'm a huge John Green fan, and one of my favorite books is Paper Towns.  For a long time I've thought that it would make a great movie, so a few years ago I started organizing my ideas and working on a screenplay for Paper Towns that stuck as closely as possible to the original dialogue of the book.  I worked on it on and off for some time, adding to it when the inspiration struck.  I organized soundtracks, settings, dialogues, and, most recently, cast members.  Obviously, I had to put a lot of thought into the actors that would portray the characters that I've loved for so long, but after much deliberation, I believe I've now landed on my cast choices for the five main characters of Paper Towns.


Quentin (Q): Logan Lerman 
Logan Lerman's naturally innocent personality seemed to be a natural fit for Q's character: a sweet, thoughtful person who's a bit of a social outcast but who is also understanding about Margo's situation.  Lerman reflects Q's good-guy attitude, which makes him initially reluctant to take part in Margo's shenanigans, but he also has an adventurous side, which shows when he lets Margo's whirlwind adventures take him away.

Margo Roth Spiegelman: Jennifer Lawrence 
    Already admired by geeks everywhere after her portrayal of Katniss in The Hunger Games, Jennifer Lawrence's more mature style of acting perfectly suits Margo's character, who seems to have experienced more of the world than her high school classmates.  We've already seen Lawrence's ability to play characters with adventurous personalities and complicated emotional problems, both of which are key aspects of Margo's personality.  Margo is an intelligent yet internally complicated girl, with layers of personality that can only be pulled off by acting genius Jennifer Lawrence.

Ben Starling: Josh Hutcherson
Josh Hutcherson's experience playing characters somewhat similar to Ben as well as a confident attitude and short, stocky build makes him the perfect actor to play Ben Starling.

Radar: Donald Glover
Donald Glover looks how I've always imagined Radar: kind of nerdy, but with a cool side that shows when he's in the right situation.  

Lacey Pemberton: Ali Liebert
Though most of her acting experience is on TV, Ali Liebert's appearance perfectly matches the picture I have in my head of Lacey Pemberton.



Also: Speaking of John Green, I got The Fault in Our Stars from the library a few weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to get one of the 150,000 copies signed by John Green! (He signed every single pre-ordered copy.)  Here's a picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment