Friday, September 20, 2013

Point-of-View Photography!

As some of you may know, I'm taking a traditional photography class at school this year.  It's extremely fun-- I absolutely love photography, and I really enjoy the intricacy and charm that hand-developed photos have.  When putting so much work into a single photograph, I really feel more attached to the print once I've finished, and film photography, while extremely complicated, is also very fun to do.

My first assignment was to shoot two different objects from as many points of view as possible.  I chose a vintage fan and, of course, my trusty plastic sheep.  (Those of you who snapchat me will know that this sheep plays a significant role in my life.)  Here are the two best prints from that roll:



As the year goes on, I'm hoping to be able to post more of my photography, so I'll definitely try to get my photos put up as quickly as possible.  However, I've been pretty busy lately, so it could be some time until I get around to doing it.  

Got any photography of your own? I'd love to see it!  Email your own pieces to me at thetoothpickchick@gmail.com, and with your permission I might even put them in a Nerdy Babble Today post!


ADDENDUM: I recently started listening to the podcast Welcome to Nightvale, which is, in essence, a fictional podcast that tells the story of a small town in the middle of the desert where all conspiracy theories are true.  The characters and style of storytelling are great, and it's wonderfully quirky and definitely worth listening to. I haven't worked my way through all of the episodes yet, but it's extremely great, and I'd highly recommend that all of you go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment