Friday, October 7, 2011

Brave Story

I know I haven't posted in a while but I've been quite busy; ANYWAY I wanted to recommend a book I'm currently reading: Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe.  This is a very interesting book, both because of it's translation from Japanese (the are parts where you find yourself thinking "This was really well translated!" or "Wow, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean," but also because of it's captivating adventure theme, reminiscint of Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, one of my absolute favortie books of all time.  Though enormously fat, I'd reccommend Brave Story very highly.  *Side note: Alex and the Ironic Gentlman is currently being made into a movie, an idea I both love and hate: it would make a great movie, but I'm afraid it won't stick to the book enough, and will be ruined in a very Coraline-ish sense.  (In Coraline, as you may recall, in the book she is a very independant character, and in the movie they had to introduce a guy character to help her out, which I resent.)  Interestingly, I started turning Alex and the Ironic Gentleman into a movie several years ago, but didn't get very far.  The entire point of my idea was to make a good movie that followed the book perfectly before Hollywood ruined it.  But I'll be in the theater the day it comes out purely out of curiosity.  And even if they do ruin it, I'll still have Jaclyn Moriarty, my favorite author EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment